Pop Up Card Designs Elements – Understanding the basic parts of cards
“Doing isn’t difficult, deciding what to do is.”
~ Foster Hibbard
Sometimes, we have the light bulb moment of how we want to make a pop up card, but somehow, we just stuck at the very start of the pop up card making process. Actually, we just have to work step-by-step on the little parts of the pop up card and “Ta-da!” The ultimate pop up card is born! Here is an article that teaches the different elements of a basic greeting cards. You’ll have brighter light bulb over your head from here on >>
Greeting Cards are pieces of folded paper having images or text on the front (cover) and a message inside. Though these cards are available with different variations and designs, but they usually follow similar layout plan. They have 3 parts or elements – a front side, a back side and inside. For designing these cards, one has to take care of each of these elements.
1. Front Side - When designing front side of the card, one can use an image or text or a mixture of images and text. The card maker software library has a plethora of images to be selected for designing greetings. One can select suitable images to set the desired tone of the card, like serious, funny, playful or romantic, depending upon the occasion. The front side has to be designed with due care, since it is the first to grab the attention of the viewer.
2. Inside - The inside of the card can be kept blank for one’s own message or can be designed with images or a simple message (like Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary) can be given. There can also be some poem, some quotation or any punch line for a joke included inside the card.
- Extra Inside Panels - Some cards have many panels, instead of having only one fold. They may have gate folds or accordion folds, in order to include a large amount of photos and text.
- Extra Inside Pages - Some cards can look like small booklets in order to tell a story or an extensive message.
3. Back Side - When the cards are bought from the market, their back side contains the name of the manufacturer of the card, copyright notice, and logo and contact details. However, when one designs a card for his or her own use with a greeting card software, the back side can be left blank or can be decorated according to one’s own wish
Optional Elements of Greeting Cards
Embellishments - The cards made by hand or with the help of software can be embellished with charms, ribbons, glitter and other items to make them more beautiful and personalized.
Sound - These days, some greetings also incorporate sound.
Tabs or Pop-ups - The greetings may also have tabs or pop-ups which the receiver pulls to read the message. These are generally included in kids’ cards or romantic cards.
All these elements of the card can be designed easily with the help of greeting card maker.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7039937
So there are many types of greeting cards out there, and pop up cards stand out for sure, no? We can work on our pop up cards from one element to the next, and decide on the elements that delivers our message across to be in the pop up card
What’s your new idea on how to make a pop up card? Share your bright suggestion with us below!